Tuesday 25 May 2010

Marske Post Office may be saved

 Ian Swales with local residents unhappy about the potential closure.

The planned closure of Marske Post Office has been postponed, as a potential new owner has been found.

Ian Swales, MP for Redcar, is reported to be delighted that the post office may be saved.

He said, “I have spoken to the person interested in taking over and given advice about running the business and sources of funds. There’s still a way to go, but I am very hopeful that the post office operation will continue. I will help in any way I can.

“I want to thank the hundreds of local residents who have signed the Liberal Democrat petition over the last few weeks. The big response shows the strength of feeling from local residents.

“Post offices are a vital part of local communities and I am pressing the new Government to adopt policies to reinvigorate the network.”

No comments: